Parichay Abhigyan Society (Parichay) is non-profit non governmental organization (NGO) working in the field of education and awareness.
Started with 9 children, we are now a family of 60 children and their family members, teachers and volunteers, who have helped us in numerous ways. Parichay’s vision is to effect the personal and the social development of children, youth, and adults of the community.
With the progression of our relationship with the community, which comprises of either Hindus or Muslims, including rickshaw pullers, carpenters, cobblers, hawkers, drum players, embroiders, and laborers working in small industrial units, we strive to:
- Promote listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and physical fitness.
- Promote means of self-expression and to contribute to mental and physical health.
- Cultivate traits such as discipline, courage, devotion, respect and confidence.
- Promote the sense of worthy use of leisure time.
- Develop a sense of responsibility, patriotism, and helping others.
- Develop the sense of brotherhood and friendship.
- Develop proper understanding of hygienic habits and proper food nutrition. Acquire knowledge and skills of safety and first aid.
- Develop creative thinking.
- Help the children to realize the importance of good and bad.
- Develop an attitude of co-operation, sportsmanship, fair play, and team spirit.
- Develop leadership and self-reliance.